Ski Jump Inrun
Ski Jump Inrun
The project focus are two Ski Jumps K125 (Length 113m) and K90 (Length 80m) located in Almaty, Ka- zakhstan. The inauguration of the two ski jumps took place in 2010 for the Asian winter games 2011. The 2011 Winter Games was a multi sporting event that was held in Astana and Almaty. It was the first time that Kazakhstan hosted such a large event since the country became independent of the Soviet Un- ion. Sky jumps and Ski jumping ramps meeting international standards did not exist before the games in 2011.
Polycarbonate in those two projects is used in the cover parts of the inrun track system and the side bands of the inrun. Due to a highly innovative ceramic knob system the inrun, it is suitable for summer and winter usage, regardless of the weather conditions.
The Almaty Ski jump ramps were equipped by the Brandes Technik GmbH company, a highly experienced plastics fabricator, in cooperation with another innovative medium sized processing company. The PC sheets were the best choice material in order to fulfill the rigorous requirements of a ski jump fa- cility as well as extreme winter conditions in Kazakhstan:
- High mechanical impact resistance in order to withstand a potential shock caused by a possible fall of a ski jumper;
- Outstanding temperature resistance to withstand extreme frost as well as strong heat;
- Easy installation also in difficult to access positions due to the light weight of the material;
- Reliable protection against side winds;
- Extreme shatter-proof characteristics.
The FIS (International Ski federation) - certified Inrun Track system is being described as being presently the technically most innovative and advanced one worldwide.