Solid polycarbonate sheets are highly transparent with extremely high impact strength, making them suitable for a wide range of applications ranging from industrial to safety to building and construction.
Due to their impact strength and shatter resistance - polycarbonate sheets are virtually unbreakable - solid sheets are useful for many applications, such as machine guards windows, rooflights, bus shelters, protective visors and screens, etc.
Coated solid polycarbonate sheets are highly scratch resistant and can be used in aggressive environments. The transparency of solid polycarbonate sheets combined with its light weight allows for easy installation and makes it a popular alternative to glass for building and construction applications.
Properties of Solid Polycarbonate Sheets
- High transparency (light transmission > 85%)
- Easy to process
- Impact, hail and shatter resistant
- Can be cold curved and thermofored
- Coated sheets can have UV and scratch resistance and do not discolour
- Excellent fire class rating
- Electrical insulation